History of Energy-Saving Buildings in Europe, from Nothing to Passivhaus to Activhaus - Olympia, WA
Join us for a presentation on the history of energy-efficient buildings in Europe and America. Learn about the development of the Passivhaus: its transformation from simple air-tight construction to cutting-edge building science.
Participants will learn about innovative construction methods, including novel approaches to airtight and thermal/energy efficient construction, intelligent moisture management and reduction of thermal bridging.
Be prepred to get your hands dirty - our certified window installers will guide participants in the correct application of the Hanno Product Range, including Hanno 3E as well as BG1 & Duo-Easy. There will be a focus on the professional installation of the products and the assessment of critical areas such as corner transitions, butt joints and transition to other materials such as OSB, Brick and Concrete.
We'll learn about how to make the most of your Passivhaus by learning:
- How to maximize energy savings through careful consideration of thermal bridges.
- How to Integrate Hanno products into the Three-Layer System.
- The differences between vapor-tight and vapor-variable products, and when to use them.
- What happens when rain and water get into the construction and what we can do about it.
- The effects of the sun on the joint.
The workshop will be lead by Björn Kethorn, Head of Application Engineering Department at Hanno Werk GmbH & Co. KG based in Laatzen, Germany (since 2008).