ThermaCork is a 100% natural, renewable, recyclable, and biodegradable product made from the outer bark of an oak tree. Join us and see why pioneering builders are choosing ThermaCork to insulate the latest in high-performance projects.
In addition to its high r-value, natural cork insulation is a carbon-negative material. Harvesting cork sequesters carbon from the atmosphere, eliminating tons CO2 and using it to insulate your house! In addition, its energy saving qualities will last decades, far longer than other choices.
Participants will learn:
- Cork bark is incredibly stable and can cope with major thermal variations, between (-) 292 degrees F to (+) 248 degrees F.
- Cork is naturally hypoallergenic and free of all domestic toxins.
- The insulation prevents mold by its ability to "dry through" layers.
- It's high on the insulating range (R-4 per inch), reduces thermal bridging, and its thermal resistance does not decrease over time like man-made foam.
- It has excellent sound isolation, is dimensionally stable, and resistant to compression.
ThermaCork is available in several grades and densities. It can be used in interior and exterior applications, inside walls AND as a decorative facade.
Join us! Bring your projects to discuss how cork can enhance your experience!